All our walks are laid out in a set format – have a look at our free walk to see what the video and the accompanying PDF walk directions look like. A Videowalk includes many photographs and video clips, that are then set out with brief walking directions.
You don't have to get the walk in exactly this state of completion, but the nearer you can get the higher your rate of commission. As a minimum, we would need:
- Photographs of the whole route taken and views around and about on the walk
- Panoramic videos from the main summits climbed or of any other interesting views along the walk
- A word document setting out the walk directions cross referenced to an OS map showing the route
What you need to have:
- A digital camera – ideally > 8MP
- A digital video camera, or a smartphone with decent video recording capabilities
- A tripod for use with the video camera
- A 1:25,000 map of the area your chosen walk is in
We have set out exactly what is needed in our contributors' guide. The guide also sets out ways of producing the end videos and tips to use freely available resources to make and submit your walk. In order that contributors are not working on the same walk or on a walk that is already included on the website, we use a booking system that is outlined in the contributors guide.
If you are interested in contributing, then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the guide.
The guide also sets out the rates of commissions for the walks submitted.
For each walk submitted, you will receive a commission every time your walk is downloaded. We will also include a contributors section on the website, where we will include a photograph and short biography of each contributor, should you wish to be included.